Friday, August 26, 2011

Dilbert Pokes Fun At PR Firms, Ethical Standards

The world of public relations firms, where I spent the majority of my career, is a very interesting place, and one that is not for the faint of heart. I'll save some war stories for another day, but it's a realm where ethical lines are often crossed, intentionally or unintentionally. Therefore, ethical behavior remains a major focus of the profession even today, and the largest association, PRSA, is aggressively pushing the adoption of its comprehensive ethics charter...and for good reason.

I wouldn't normally make light of ethical issues in the profession I love, but I saw this "Dilbert" strip the other day and had to share...just for fun, and because I thought it was humorous. The fact the subject matter is borrowed from a recent scandal involving a large global PR agency and a major technology brand only makes it more titillating. "Dilbert" creator Scott Adams always has a unique take on certain issues, and PR is certainly no different.
You can also view this directly on the "Dilbert" site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment