Friday, August 20, 2010

Take A Ride On The Reading: Social Media Monopoly

I love playing Monopoly, although, admittedly, I'm not very good at it. In fact, my wife not only schools me at regular Monopoly, but she also whips me at Golf Monopoly, Disney Monopoly, Simpsons Monopoly, and basically every iteration of the popular Hasbro game we've every played. Ironically, I'm the one with the MBA, but I digress. It never makes a difference.

However, I wonder how she WOULD fare if the social media space were turned into a Monopoly game? I'd love to find out by playing this version of the game, courtesy of Barry Ritholtz's great blog, The Big Picture:

Click on the graphic for a larger, more detailed version; it's worth a closer inspection.

Naturally, Facebook and Twitter are the most expensive properties, taking the place of Broadway and Park Place. Instead, of Chance and Community Chest, this version sports Technorati and Mashable, while the railroads, such as B&O and Reading, have been replaced with key smartphone platforms like Droid and iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment